Teens are wonderfully authentic and have an uncanny ability to express the truth. The teenage years are full of external stressors such as school, family, socializing, and planning for the future. That, combined with the internal turmoil of identity, growth and self-esteem, creates a challenging transition between childhood and adulthood.
As your mentor, I’ll help you navigate the practical issues you are facing, explore your emotional life, identify your needs and help you to communicate with honesty and clarity.
In order to work with teens, I require an initial consult with a caregiver or parent, and a signed release form that ensures confidentiality.
- Sexuality and gender
- Peer issues
- Family conflicts
- Expression and communication
- Future stressors
- Eating disorders
Embodied Ways of Working
- Movement and dance
- Energetic charging exercises: hitting, kicking, punching
- Accessing and expressing feelings
- Exploring sensation, and patterns of holding
- Working with gesture, sequencing, expansion and contraction
- Exploring both physical and non-physical boundaries
- Role-play, and constellation work
- Touch, and hands-on techniques
- Breathing techniques and exercises
- Grounding and integrating experience through energetic discharge and mindfulness